Monday, December 15, 2008

so lemme tell ya about my day...

The Plan:

Wake up early. Drink coffee. Get dressed.

Go to school. Make an appt for new student orientation. Visit the job center.

Go to Otay Ranch Town and Country and put in some applications.

Go to Plaza Bonita and put in some applications.

Go to Horton Plaza and put in some applications.

Go home. Finish candles. Make dinner. Eat garlic bread. Watch a movie with the hubbs and then go to bed, feeling accomplished and warm.

What really happened:

Woke up to the biscuit calling my name, lifting my head only to bash him in the nose as he was leaning down to kiss me goodbye, and sent him to school cussing.

Lay in bed for what felt like ten minutes, staring at the ceiling, getting my head straight, only to realize it had really been an hour and already I was behind schedule.

Get up to near-horizontal rain and wind that looked like it would break the trees outside.

Decide not to go to Horton Plaza or Town and Country because they are outdoor shopping centers. F that. Its cold.

Decide to call the school to make an appt instead of trying to rush there in the rain, but have to wait to 8am.

Check email... Oh shit, its 815am. Behind schedule again.

Call the school, make an appt for today at 1pm. Sweet! i dont have to leave, and i'm not going to 2 of the plazas, so I can take my time and leave at 1130 (early enough to leave plenty of time to drive slow in the rain and still make my appt by 1pm, go me for planning ahead!) I can then go to Plaza Bonita after school then finish the day as planned.

Get dressed. Put on make-up, feel good.

Check a billion websites and gather a bunch of interesting job postings from the SWC job center site so I have an idea what to talk about when I get to school. Get really frustrated because most of these jobs are for security guards or require you to be bilingual... Oh shit.. its 1140 and I havnt eaten anything. Behind schedule again.

Gather up all my paperwork for registration, organize my purse and find a bracelet I thought I had lost.

Get to the bottom of the stairs only to realize the dog has shit on the floor for the third time this week. Argh! WTF is her problem this week?! Clean it up and rush to the kitchen to make breakfast.

Bustle to warm up a cup of coffee, make a bagel and gather my coat, hat, scarf, etc and get ready to go. Its noon and I am going to be SO late.

Head to the stairs to head down into the garage, take a big step, miss my footing and fall down. Hands full, unable to catch myself, I spill coffee all over my coat and pants and land right on my ass four steps down, losing the breath in my chest and jarring my spine. My neck and back are throbbing. My jaw is now throbbing. Ok, still have my bagel, didnt drop my coffee. Cat get away from me!

Stand up. Slowly. Cant cancel, have to register for school.. Gather most of the things I did drop and head to the garage. Open the car door and toss things inside. Slowly walk back to the stairs to get the rest of the things I dropped. Open the door and goddammit cat get back inside! Chase Ellis behind the dryer. Yell at the top of my lungs. Throw the cat back inside. Toss the rest of the things into my car.

Insert key. zzzzzziiiiiiiiiiipppppppp. try again. zzzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiippppppppppp. a third time. zzzzzzzzzziiiiiiiiiiipppppppppppp. car wont start. it somehow thinks its the pit crew at nascar and is making that tire-changing-sound.

grab purse and coffee and half eaten bagel. go back inside. yell at cat. call school to reschedule. send message to hubbs about car. phone fail. dammit i am not in mexico, let my f'ing signal go thru! stand nose-to-glass in front of the door and try again once i get a wittle itty bitty bar of service.

go upstairs. call mom. vent. hubbs calls. vent. cry. spend the next two hours searching for warranty information and service records, and the internet to find possible causes of pitcrew sound.

spend 45 minutes arguing with insurance guy. totally unrelated to the car, by the way.

search for more jobs.

then hubbs comes home. the sight of him makes me cry, though not his fault of course, and he hugs me and shakes a brand new fat plush panda in my face. then he takes me to change my battery. buys me dinner, including root beer and a cookie. and fixes my car.

biscuit love makes the day all better. sweetest guy ever.

we'll try again tomorrow :)


Fury said...

Awww :) Sorry the rest went caca but what a great end to the day!! How's your back? OUCH!

Heather Zalapa said...

the week has not gotten much better.. tuesday i hit my head and went back to bed.. wednesday i left the house with the brand new package of windsheild wipers on the hood of my car (yes now in the middle of the road somewhere) and then later dropped the bowl of pudding i had just made... so far today has been blunder-free but the night is not over.