I figured I ought to do this by Dorian's age rather than calendar, although I'll probably change that next week. Here's what's happening at 7 weeks old:
* Sunday was the boy's first football day with daddy. Dojo didn't get scared and daddy didn't scream (while baby was with him, anyway).
* Sunday was also his first day in cloth diapers!. We had to buy smaller ones because he can't fit into the ones we have. We bought gDiapers newborn bundle from Target. They use disposable (biodegradable) inserts, so its not terribly different than store bought diapers. We have had zero leaks (no poo yet) and have been able to reuse the same cover all day. We'll see how it holds up over night.
UPDATE: these are great for pee catching. But if you know what we're dealing with here, that breastfeed newborn poo is like pudding that hasn't quite set... Well it doesn't stay in these diapers very well. We're going to keep using them, because they were pricey, but were looking for other options.
* Dojo is holding his head up like a champ when you hold him at your shoulder to burp him. We've done tummy time a few times this week and he's doing great. In fact, he's starting to get pissed if you lay him down. He wants to be upright all the time so he can look around.
* The only exception here is that we bought him a play mat at the baby thrift store. So far, he's enjoying laying on it, watching the light-up turtles and looking at the orca that hangs above him.
* I don't know if I mentioned this last week, but he's discovered he can pinch things with his toes. So while I'm feeding him, he'll put his foot on my arm and pinch away.
* Finally getting thank you cards from the baby shower in the mail along with birth announcements!