Wednesday, February 3, 2010

product review: Desert Essence Facial Cleansing Pads.


OMG.

I didn't know my face was so gross. These wipes are miracles soaked into little cotton waffles. They are a mix of beautifully natural things like witch hazel, lavender, tea tree, chamomile and some sort of backywackybrush that I've never heard of. They are also 100% vegan.

They are small little waffle textured cotton pads pre-soaked in their natural essential oil recipe. You pull one out, wipe it around your face and neck, then rinse with cool water. Simple.

They are strong and I had to fan my eyes a little, so I suggest keeping your eyes closed for a few seconds after application (not that I used them ON my eyes, of course, but the power of the ingredients makes for strong aromatic air).

I had been wearing only loose powder for days prior to using these, cleaning my face irregularly as normal. After several rounds around my face and neck, both sides looked like they had rolled in the mud. It was awful and wonderful at the same time. For the first time in ages, I looked into the mirror and liked my skin.

I'm rushing to their website now to learn more about them as it seems they have an entire line of organic skin care, hair care and other health and beauty items. I have to tell you, though, their web price on these pads is high. They sell them on their website for $6.99 and I bought mine at Trader Joe's for $3.99 (for 50 pads). Sadly, Trader Joe's carries only a couple of their items. But, if we gather the masses and ask them to carry more - they just might!

(I've linked the photo above to the product listing on their website, so you can just click the image and viola!)

0 comments: