Thursday, April 9, 2009

A little paint makes a big difference

Well, its been a rediculously productive morning so far. I fell asleep on the couch last night, and just decided to stay there, since it was the first night this week I'd been able to sleep before midnight. (And I feel like a jerk because my falling asleep early led to me not calling my sister for her birthday. So sorry, Tiff, you don't know how bad I really feel about that!)

Since I was on the couch, I woke when the hubbs got up to leave for work (at about .. before-the-sun-a.m.) So I peeled myself off the couch as the sun rose and took the dog for a potty. I ran upstairs and have been crafting ever since. I'm covered in paint, and it feels good.

Yesterday, I was staring at one of the new magnet gift tins I've been working on, and decided it just 'needed something' .. so I painted it. Then I sealed it. And it's cute as can be!

Before:
After:

Inside, it has a set of five glass magnets with a geometric/stripe pattern in green/black/white/blue and it looks really great together. I'll be listing these in just a few minutes into my Etsy curio shop = CurioBoudoir.Etsy.Com !

So, needless to say, I've gone back to the other tins I'd made and painted them too :)




I have a few more that are still drying - and then I'm out... I'm resisting the urge to run out and buy more!!!

1 comments:

FURY said...

Those are super cute!!! I might buy a set and send them to you to doll up for me! lol

Re: birthday call- we more than made up for it last night!